240 Montauk Hwy., Watermill, NY 11976
OPEN EVERYDAY: SEPT. 10th - OCT. 31th, 2016
DAILY HOURS: 9:30am to 6pm
Top 10 Tips For Visiting Hank’s Pumpkintown
Fall is a busy time of year throughout Long Island with so much to do and see from pumpkin and apple picking to wine tasting and craft fairs. We want to make sure that you have the best experience possible when visiting Hank’s PumpkinTown so we have put together a list of tips and tricks to make the most of your visit!
1. Arrive Early - Typically the busiest time of day at Hank’s is 1pm-3pm. We suggest arriving early to avoid traffic and lines for different activities. Hank opens the gates promptly at 9:30am every morning. And don’t worry coffee and donuts are always available in the market to wake-up those sleepy heads!
2. Observe Parking Signs - As you approach the farm, observe the parking signs and take advantage of those larger parking areas on the west side of the farm to avoid difficultly turning around if there is no closer parking available. Also take note of No Parking signs posted by the Southampton Town as cars parked in these areas will be ticketed or towed.
3. Grab Abandon Wheelbarrows - If you plan on pumpkin picking and spot an abandon wheelbarrow in the parking areas, grab it before it’s gone! Wheelbarrows can be difficult to come by later in the day and are commonly abandon in the parking areas as guests become distracted loading the car with kids, pumpkins, apples and baked goodies as they depart.
4. Reserve Cash - Reserve cash for roasted corn, candy apples and face painting as these are the ONLY locations on the property that do not accept credit cards. All major credit cards ARE ACCEPTED at the maze park, pumpkin checkout, apple orchard and market concession. Note that cash transactions will be faster and some locations may have specific cash and credit checkouts to reduce wait time. There is also an ATM located in our market!
5. Let Furry Friends Relax at Home - Although we love animals, they are not allowed on the farm as some children are easily frightened by them as well as some animals easily frightened by crowds.
6. Make A Plan - There is a lot to see and do at Hank’s to ensure that you have time to do it all, make a plan before you arrive, especially if traveling in a large group. Create a loose schedule of when you plan to arrive, apple pick, pumpkin pick, adventure in the corn maze, take a hayride and when to meet-up to grab some sweets at the market before heading home.
7. Keep A Watchful Eye on Children - Lots of children visit Hank’s each weekend, we suggest dressing your children in brightly colored or easily recognizable clothing to avoid losing track of them on our 30+ acre farm. Designating a meeting spot when you arrive, for if someone in your party gets lost is also a good idea. Writing your cell phone number on the hand of small children or inside their clothing is helpful if our staff finds a lost child. Ask for help at the entrance of the maze park or inside the market if you lose a child or find a lost one.
8. Review Pricing & Rules Before You Arrive - We want your trip to Hank’s to be worry-free and enjoyable, so please review the pricing and rules on our website to avoid any surprises when you arrive. If you have any questions or need further clarification please feel free to message us on Facebook or use our contact link on the website. Note, calling the phone number listed will give you a pre-recorded message of what will be going on at the farm that day but a person will not be available to answer your call as the family is busy tending to our guests.
9. Bring Your Sweet Tooth! - There are lots of delicious sweets and treats available in our market from pies baked by Hank’s daughter to candy apples hand-dipped by Little Hank. We offer lots of fall snacks from cider donuts and cider slushies, to ice cream, cookies and kettle corn even corn dogs, roasted sweet corn and soft pretzels but if you are looking for a full lunch menu we suggest planning to eat lunch before your leave or stopping for a bite at a local area restaurant.
10. Come Ready for Some Real Fall Family Fun!